Catalogue Marketing Executive
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2022 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Catalogue Marketing Executive jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Catalogue Marketing Executive postings
Full Time Job
Job title: Catalogue Marketing Executive, Island Records
Responsible to: Director of Marketing, Catalogue
Island Records Label Sponsor Senior Director of Streaming & Commerce
Department: Island Records / UMC
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music Is Universal
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side : A Day In The Life
Since Chris Blackwell first started Island Records in Jamaica in 1959, it has remained one of the world's most legendary record labels and a coveted destination for new and established artists across genres. Today, Island is home to a varied roster across the US and UK. Its unique ethos has provided the platform for launching some of the biggest and most influential artists across the musical spectrum, including Bob Marley, U2, Grace Jones, Cat Stevens, Amy Winehouse, Florence & The Machine, Mumford & Sons, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Dermot Kennedy, Sigrid, Sean Paul, M Huncho, MEDUZA, Jamie Cullum, The Specials and Ben Howard. More recent additions to the UK roster include Arrdee, Unknown T, easylife, The Lathums, Navos and Lola Young. From the US, the Island UK team work with some of the biggest global superstars on the planet, including Drake, Ariana Grande, The Weeknd, Post Malone and Swedish House Mafia.
The B Side : Skills & Experience
• Work within the Island Records team to drive catalogue consumption of on-roster (more recent catalogue) frontline artists and ensure potential opportunities are not missed.
• Develop label strategies that use active artists' catalogues as a platform for audience growth and new music.
• Identify opportunities for catalogue growth and marketing for on-roster artists with their catalogue.
• Initiate conversations within Island and work with Marketing teams at UMC and Island to develop marketing campaigns and artist strategies that maximise all potential revenue streams and audience growth, for Island Records' active on-roster artist catalogue. Such campaigns to complement and add value to artist's new music strategies.
• Be the catalogue marketing expert within Island, and instil catalogue best practice in frontline marketing, audience and commercial planning.
Role reports to UMC Director of Marketing, with Island Records Senior Director of Streaming & Commerce (currently Alastair Smith) as the Island label sponsor
• Develop and execute marketing, audience growth & commercial opportunities for priority active frontline catalogues ahead of large moments such as: new releases, press moments, viral/trending moments, tour, and key anniversary events.
• Initiate conversations on implementing strategy and execution for 'on-roster' catalogue campaigns at Island: working and communicating with artist management, as well as frontline and UMC Marketing Team
• Work with frontline teams to execute & deliver catalogue campaigns and integrate effectively into overall artist plan
• Represent UMC within Island, suggesting and developing catalogue strategy for artists in marketing, sales, digital, strategy, and partner meetings.
• Ensure reporting of campaigns, artist timelines, overall release schedule is communicated with both labels (UMC & Island) and Artist management.
• Manage the rollout of optimised catalogue for new UMG & partner initiatives (Atmos Spatial Audio, Music Video UpRes, Apple Motion Covers, etc.) at direction of UMC.
• Manage related label budgets for Island artists campaigns, in partnership with Island and UMC Marketing teams.
• Use analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of Island's catalogue including history, charts, social media platforms, digital and grassroots marketing efforts
• Use audience insights, consumption analytics and understanding of cultural context to deliver appropriate and relevant campaigns
• Create and deliver regular updates for all campaigns highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority catalogue and releases, as well as monthly release updates to assigned frontline label
• Lead on the agenda for regular executive meetings between UMC and Island.
• A passion for music
• A great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders
• A deep knowledge of audiences – including demographics, behaviours, and media habits.
• A proven track record leading the development and execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns
• Fluent in data and can identify winning insights
• A proven track record developing marketing lifecycle campaigns moving audiences from awareness, to engagement to superfans
• Collaborative by nature and get energy bringing people together
• Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situation
• Comfortable developing brand strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights.
• Motivated by long-term vision and strategy and ensure all campaign activity aligns.
• A keen eye for detail
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
Bonus Tracks : Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Kow...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.