Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 7/18/2023 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Catalog Specialist jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Catalog Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Catalog Specialist is responsible for collecting, archiving, and managing the delivery of new song content delivered by CCMG Publishing songwriters and partners, as well as supporting the publishing creative and marketing teams in maximixing the profitability and promotional return of our best-in-class song catalog.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, highly-organized, detail-oriented, love listening to music and energized about being a conduit that keeps our creative, marketing, and administration teams in sync.
How you'll CREATE: ?
• Proactively collect audio, lyrics, and writer splits for new songs written by CCMG Staff Writers
• Manage archival of new song content and facilitate ingestion of new song content into CCMG systems
• Manage creative metadata for CCMG song catalog
• Provide regular communication with CCMG writers to build relationships and ensure timely song delivery
• Communicate effectively with cross-divisional label partners to support release strategies and catalog marketing priorities
• Actively track Capitol CMG Publishing songs that are cut and released and communicate song activity with the administration team to ensure uses are licensed and monetized
• Collaborate with the CCMG Copyright Team to ensure that delivery of new song content is monitored for timely tracking of writers' contractual delivery requirements
• Collaborate with the CCMG Copyright Team to ensure our copyright and royalty system remains aligned with creative song content
• Consitently find ways to automate processes and refine workflow
• Provide recurring communication with administration clients to establish relationships for efficient song delivery
• Organize and distribute audio assets for sync masters to music supervisors and 3rd-party licensees
• Ensure the proper inventory and offsite storage of legacy song content, as applicable
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred
• Familiarity with Asana, Monday or similar project management applications
• Proactive, organized, and solution-oriented.
• Strong work ethic and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with the Christian music market preferred
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in music business or similar field preferred.
• 1-2 years experience working in music publishing or related field a plus
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media