Business & Legal Affairs Coordinator
Universal Music GroupEncino, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/26/2022 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Business & Legal Affairs Coordinator jobs in Encino-CA
Search all Business & Legal Affairs Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today's dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
We are currently looking for a Business and Legal Affairs Coordinator to support our legal team, who will report to the SVP of the Business and Legal Affairs. The Coordinator will work closely with the various departments within the company including the Legal and Finance Departments to coordinate and ensure the effective operations of the company. The Coordinator will be comfortable working with employees of all divisions and levels, and will be a highly motivated, organized and personable addition to the team, excited to work in a fast-paced environment while learning all facets of the music industry.
How you'll CREATE:
• Issue and track rights disputes on a weekly basis, and coordinate resolution between retailers and clients
• Issue and track terminations for Ingrooves (both labels/artists and publishers), and coordinate takedowns
• Issue and track Artificial Streaming Reports received from retailers to clients
• Issue Cease & Desist notices and DMCA notices
• Draft and implement miscellaneous letters such as Letters of Direction
• Analyze and summarize deal terms for internal use by various departments within Ingrooves
• Manage miscellaneous data projects for legal reports (e.g. terms expirations, rate distinctions, etc.)
• Field additional miscellaneous legal questions from all divisions
• Address concerns and propose solutions while balancing legal considerations with business objectives.
• Assist the members of the legal team with analysis and assessment of potential risks and recommended courses of action.
• Respond to requests for information and/or advice from other business units, including contract research and analysis.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Highly Organized
• Ability to learn new technology(ies)
• Familiarity with digital music environment preferred.
• A keen interest in music and the music industry.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects required.
• General problem-solving skills, organization, and a focus on detail
• Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with all levels of management
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ADOBE (Word, Excel, Etc.)
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.