Brand Manager / Product Manager-Merchandising
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bravado is currently looking for a Brand Manager to join the Brand Management team and oversee several Bravado’s brands. This individual will work with the unique needs and challenges of our clients to deliver full service marketing support in a variety of categories including strategic planning, brand development, consumer marketing and creative development. This person will be the central owner of the brands and will work cross-functionally with sales, licensing, direct to consumer and operations teams to develop creative plans and ensure they are executed flawlessly across the globe.
• Define vision, mission, goals and strategy for each brand
• Develop a global brand building and marketing plan that fits with the client/brand vision
• Oversee the management of the product portfolio for each brand including product development, creative identity, style guides, etc
• Work closely with artist and their management to develop merchandising strategies resulting in best revenue opportunities
• Ownership of the brand’s P&L in a marketing driven organization
• Work with sales and direct-to-consumer teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns around artists
• Oversee development of creative materials for artist roster
• Develop and execute non-traditional marketing campaigns around artist merchandise
• Develop and test new product concepts
• Monitor and analyze business metrics in order to optimize product line and maximize commercial opportunity
• Work closely with production, sales and touring departments to develop product lines
• Ensure campaigns and strategies are executed to the highest standards globally
• Ensure all materials are consistent with strategy, on time and within budget, legally compliant
• Develop artist brand standards and usage guidelines
• Oversee the development of existing and potential client presentation materials
• Manage day to day product approvals between production, sales and artist mgmt.
• Prospect and manage strategic and/or brand partnerships that elevate brand equity, grow revenue and drive brand vision
• Manage all special projects related to assigned artists/brands
• Demonstrated capability driving brand growth and brand equity with smart and creative marketing plans
• Experience working cross functionally to drive brand and product initiatives from concept to execution
• Proven track record of consumer engagement planning, innovative thinking, program development and execution
• A strategic approach to brand building programs
• Overall leadership and management of brand growth through sound strategic thinking and excellence in execution
• Awareness and interest in current fashion trends and styles
• Interest in music
• Knowledge of delivering memorable brand experiences, social media campaigns, advertising campaigns, media
• Experience with planning and brand tracking tools
• Experience in multi-cultural marketing
• Foster and develop a strong partnership with the client
• 5 years of experience with brand planning, marketing support and/or consumer products
• Experience in managing innovation and new product development
• Working in teams, experience coaching employees people and being coached
• 4 years’ experience owning and tracking P&L and budget items with emphasis on ROI
• Independent self-starter, flexible comfortable working in unstructured environment, and able to manage multiple Priorities effortlessly
• Excellent communication skills verbal/writing, meetings and presentations
• Team player with collaborative style and good listening skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run DMC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N’ Roses. Bravado’s roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.