Universal Music GroupMiami Beach, FL
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2020 12:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Attorney, Bilingual jobs in Miami Beach-FL
Search all Attorney, Bilingual postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Attorney, Bilingual? Attorney, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We are Universal Music Group (“UMG”), the world’s leading music company, committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than sixty (60) countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced attorney. This position is responsible for a heavy transaction flow in connection with the negotiation and drafting of various music and entertainment-related agreements, rights clearances, and rendering legal advice with respect to the acquisition of content and the exploitation of recorded product.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Provide on-going legal counsel for the above-mentioned transactions
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of legal agreements, including, exclusive recording, management, joint venture, profit sharing, production, producer, licensing, distribution, performer and featured artist agreements, video, photo, remix and other entertainment and music industry related agreements
• Provide input and legal support in connection with the entertainment business strategies and the implementation thereof
• Responsible for the review of data briefs, monitoring of critical dates, payments, and other ongoing rights and obligations set forth in the agreements, and informing appropriate company personnel of such information
• Responsible for clearing legal rights and pre-approving the release of recorded products
• Maintain internal rights management systems
• Liaise with UMG’s central legal department and UMG’s outside attorneys as needed with respect to litigation matter
Bring your VIBE:
• 6 years of experience required
• Strong law firm and/or Business & Legal Affairs experience/training required
• Fluent English/Spanish
• Proven in-depth knowledge of agreements relating to production, distribution, sales, marketing, financing, recorded music and video product
• Must be adept at drafting and negotiating recorded content acquisition, marketing and exploitation agreements
• Strong knowledge of music law, music industry, intellectual property, and record label issues
• Must be able to work under time constraints
• Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
• Computer experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to keep information confidential
• Must be willing to work extended hours
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and well organized
• BA/BS degree
• Juris Doctorate
• Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in any of the following jurisdictions: FL, CA, and/or NY
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.