Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in working in the Music Industry?
Universal Music Group is currently seeking an Associate Director, Business and Legal Affairs for the Santa Monica, CA office. This position is responsible for a heavy transaction flow in connection with the domestic and international distribution, sales, marketing, financing, and licensing of digital content.
Provide ongoing legal and corporate policy counseling regarding digital music content. This will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of legal agreements such as content sales and licensing agreements, distribution agreements and technology service agreements. The work will also include reviewing other agreements relating to the recorded music business. The attorney will support the global digital deal-making teams operating out of Los Angeles and London and will work closely with the Business Development, Commercial Affairs and Advanced Technology teams.
• In-depth knowledge of agreements relating to the distribution, sales, marketing and financing of recorded music and video product preferred, including familiarity with publishing and other music industry issues.
• A background in corporate or technology transactions, including content licensing and distribution a plus.
• Must be adept at drafting and negotiating licensing deals, and be willing to draft and negotiate agreements outside of previous areas of expertise.
• Must be comfortable working with new and evolving business models in an evolving industry and business.
• Strong customer/client service skills a must.
• Must be able to work under time constraints.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment.
• Must be willing to work extended hours.
• Must be self-directed and well organized.
• Minimum 2-4 years law practice experience required. Strong law firm experience/training preferred.
• JD required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.