Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2022 8:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Digital Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Director, Digital Marketing postings
Full Time Job
As a division of UMG, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Drake, Florence the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, and more. Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, we are also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, Young Money, among others.
How we LEAD:
Republic Records in New York City is hiring an Associate Director of Digital Marketing, with a focus in the alternative & rock genres. This individual will serve as a team member across a diverse roster of artists. You will oversee and be responsible for day-to-day digital marketing campaigns and strategies.
How you'll CREATE:
• Work closely with artists, managers, and key label executives to build trusting relationships and showcase your proactive and powerful digital marketing ideas
• Use your relationships to collaborate with social partners (like TikTok, Instagram, Triller, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.) to implement exciting new online content that goes viral, grows audience & drives engagement for our artists & their music/music-related products
• These include but are not limited to single/EP/albums, music videos and video content, merchandise, etc.
• Provide ideas for websites, contests, and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online, with measured KPIs that validate the success of each campaign
• Build, maintain and assess ongoing relationships with social & digital media partners, including cultural influencers
• Identify, develop, and drive new technology experiences that lead to creative online campaigns (e.g. web & mobile app builds, web3 integrations, metaverse campaigns, AR/VR, livestreams, etc.)
• Prepare daily/weekly online marketing summaries and plans
• Be a creative visionary, driving progressive digital campaigns and inspiring innovation across a small, but supremely passionate team
• Communicate and work collaboratively across Republic departments including Marketing, Sales, Brand Partnerships, A&R, Finance, and Production.
• Conceive, budget, and effectively execute visual content creation for organic social channels in addition to paid media campaigns with in-house Media Planners/Buyers.
• Navigate & oversee internal budgets every quarter, and ensure flawless communication with Finance teams & vendors
• Schedule and publish digital & social content across owned media and controlled social channels including Wordpress/Drupal CMS, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Tumblr, Triller, and others when needed. In event driven instances, execute in live-time.
• Develop creative assets where needed (images, video edits, animations, GIFs, etc.)
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• At least 6 years of experience in music marketing, ideally working at a record label
• Full understanding of rock music landscape, with connections and proven track record for working with artists in all stages of their career
• Experience in forming strategic marketing partnerships with social platforms, influencers, visual creators, and DSPs. Existing relationships with digital platforms & online partners and brands a plus
• Creative thinker with an eye for design, in addition to a strategic marketer who is driven by innovation and understands how to communicate effectively & measure results
• Not afraid of a challenge or working with big personalities and large teams
• Must be flexible and adaptable; no task is too small
• Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or the equivalent Mac office programs
• Experience working in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Premiere or Final Cut) in addition to mobile editing software for videos, GIFs, and static visuals.
• Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
• Strong leadership skills
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
''All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law''
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.