Associate Creative Director, Content
Universal Music GroupPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for an Associate Creative Director to oversee and guide the creation of bespoke ecommerce photo, video and digital/social content on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. Bringing their vision and expertise to various departments will be crucial. This person will help to motivate, elevate and push creative teams across disciplines, maintaining a culturally relevant and strong ecommerce narrative for artists and campaigns.
This role will work across all creative departments, as well as in a cross-functional capacity with ecommerce experience, store management, and front end development to create best in class work.
How you’ll CREATE:
Overseeing & elevating creative work
• Oversee and elevate creative work related to bespoke content creation by in-house design, photo and video teams, as well as contracted vendors
• Conceive, develop and implement ecommerce creative concepts in partnership with various teams
• Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions to further creative vision
• Motivate teams and provide feedback on creative concepts, deliverables and proposals
Talent Development, Outreach and Sourcing
• Develop in-house talent in partnership with Creative Director, with a focus on mentorship
• Source out-of-house talent for various client and team needs to help continue to build our creative network
Creative Vision & Content Strategy
• Keep teams culturally literate and looped into bigger trends across the digital landscape, particularly the music space
• Serve as the through line of creative vision and narrative across multiple disciplines and projects
Bring your VIBE:
• 8-10 years experience in a creative role
• Degree in graphic design, fine art, or related discipline
• Proven experience as a creative director, or in a similar creative role, with a proven ability to lead and motivate teams
• Hands on experience in the creative process – concepting, development, and execution
• Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Keynote
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut) Blender or other 3D software preferred
• Experience with DSLR, mirrorless, and professional camera equipment for on-site shooting of editorial and marketing content
• Experience with Shopify and web technologies is a plus
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with a desire to motivate teams
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with many different departments
• Ability to define, receive and execute creative direction and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.