Assistant - Revenue
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Verve Label Group is comprised of the legendary jazz label Verve as well as the jazz imprint Impulse and all of UMG's U.S. classical holdings, including Deutsche Grammophon, Decca, Mercury Classics and distributed label ECM. VLG is focused on championing both core and developing artists in jazz, classical and legacy artists as well as developing new, emerging talent in keeping with the Verve label’s rebellious roster of artists.
In this role, the Revenue Assistant will support the Chief Revenue Officer, Director of Sales and the Director of Streaming, all who liaise with key physical accounts, subscription services and revenue partners. The Revenue Assistant will work closely with the Revenue team to maximize opportunities for all releases.
• Support all daily activities of CRO, Director of Sales and Director of Streaming, including managing incoming calls, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, submitting expense reports and all other business-related tasks.
• Research previous sales history to assist Revenue department in creating accurate sales/streaming projections.
• Provide sales vs. projection results by preparing sales tracking reports weekly.
• Maintain advertising/co-op database including inputting all commitments and ensuring their timely processing.
• Organize and prepare sales presentations by compiling graphics, marketing and sales data.
• Create sales recap reports for priority releases for senior staff for use in weekly team meetings.
• Coordinate the upload of assets to Amazon Vendor Central including album covers, track lists, and product descriptions.
• Creation of Amazon affiliate links for all requested releases.
• Assist Revenue team in the selection and submission of titles for account promotions.
• Create and distribute weekly label Soundscan update.
• Coordinate Artist sales and Tour soundscan submission via AtVenu.
• Assist the support staff of other label departments as needed
• Data Entry Skills
• Reporting Skills
• Administrative Writing Skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office suite
• Basic Analytic Skills
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously while working in high pressure situations
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels and with external partners
• Great social and interpersonal skills - Ability to keep information highly confidential
• 1-3 years experience working in music industry/sales/streaming environment
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.