Assistant Manager, Ecommerce Innovation
Universal Music GroupPhiladelphia, PA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2022 7:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Assistant Manager, Ecommerce Innovation jobs in Philadelphia-PA
Search all Assistant Manager, Ecommerce Innovation postings
Full Time Job
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for an Assistant Manager for the eCommerce Innovation team. The eCommerce Innovation team's purpose is to incubate new capabilities that will be adopted by the business to scale, with a focus on award-winning, creative-forward work. As a team, our scope of work spans creative planning & strategy, product design & development, site design/experience, content creation & production, and deliverable creation, in service of elevating our eCommerce capabilities and services.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for handling the day to day to support the Innovation Team Leads and will have visibility across all projects. They will manage creative project needs with the Innovation Creative Director, as well as help document the processes we are building out to hand off to other teams. The Assistant Manager may be called upon to execute tasks that typically would fall on other teams outside of Innovation, in the name of testing/sandboxing new capabilities, and can pass off those duties once rolled out to the wider organization.
How you'll CREATE:
• Collaborate heavily with team members in service of executing eCommerce Innovation projects
• Adhere to project requirements and direction established by the Innovation Team Leads
• Craft creative briefs and manage team feedback/notes with the Creative Director
• Support the Creative Director and broader Innovation Team in research of the latest trends in eCommerce, music, fashion, web3, culture, and beyond
• Manage the day to day, as well as specific touchpoints, of ongoing Innovation projects
• Keep Program Management boards up to date (on Monday.com), in terms of status as well as all relevant meeting notes
• Own the documentation of new capabilities for wider roll out / implementation
• Support the creation of Strategy decks
• Take on miscellaneous tasks throughout kickoff, discovery, development, and pilot phases of Innovation projects as needed
• Work within the Shopify backend (product set up, campaign set up, etc.)
• Test out capabilities on sandbox site
• Document notes while testing things, surfacing to Innovation Leads & other stakeholders to address as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-3 years' experience in a project or account management role
• Bachelor's degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are a must
• Natural collaborator
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS required.
• Adobe experience (Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus.
• Proven track record of successfully overseeing a variety of projects
• Hands on experience with the creative process
• History of working with a variety of clients in music, fashion, or eCommerce spaces
• Comfortable juggling multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
• Experience working on new capabilities and/or other innovation teams is a plus
• Familiarity with Shopify is a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.