Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2023 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Art Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Art Director postings
Full Time Job
The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints including Verve Records, Verve Forecast, Impulse!, Decca Records US, Decca Classics, and Deutsche Grammophon among others. VLG's current roster includes Samara Joy, Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ludovico Einaudi, Tank and the Bangas, Kurt Vile, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham and many more.
How we LEAD:
Verve Label Group is seeking an Art Director to create and design assets for our artists, their campaigns and our label initiatives.
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide visual branding direction across artwork, artist imaging, packaging, marketing assets and other promotional materials.
• Collaborate with marketing and digital departments to create compelling artist single and album visuals.
• Work collaboratively internally and externally to bring artist brand and music campaign narratives to life.
• Ensure timely delivery of assets and associated deadlines.
• Commission and negotiate fees for photo shoots including photographers, stylists, make-up artist, prop stylists, and hair stylists.
• Provide art direction to internal and freelance creative talent such as designers and photographers.
• Design compelling pitch decks for label and artist pitches.
Bring your VIBE:
• Proficient in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and top of class design benchmarks.
• Experience working directly with talent and creators to collaborate on campaigns.
• Experience managing high-volume creative and multiple campaign types in parallel.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, in particular Photoshop and InDesign.
• The Ability to Multitask In a Fast Paced Working Environment
• Must Be Self-motivated, Proactive, and Have the Ability To Work Under Pressure
• Superb Time Management Skills & Team Player
• Be willing to work beyond the standard hours
• Must Have Passion for Music
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Creative, Design & Production
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.