Art Director, Shed Creative Agency
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
JOB OPPORTUNITY – ART DIRECTOR, SHED CREATIVE AGENCY
Closing Date: May 2 2 , 2019
Shed Creative Agency is a division of Universal Music Canada , Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content.
At Shed, we not only help define the ‘why’ consumers buy a brand but what they actually ‘buy into’. Starting with a deep understanding of our audience, we deliver authentic cultural experiences designed around people’s passions - shaping, sharing and fueling brand narratives by crafting the best ideas, finding the right social channels to share them on and finding the best publications to cover them.
Shed eats, lives and breathes music and culture and we need creatives who also share our passion for culture, craft and the unexpected. Rooted in strategic thinking, our work ranges from advertising to branded content, digital solutions, design, social media, experiential platforms & activations. We are a young entrepreneurial boutique agency within the global Universal Music network, and we work with top-tier brands and creators.
Reporting to Shed’s Managing Director, the Art Director is set out to develop ideas that create memorable interactions, shareable experiences and buzz-worthy takeaways that are amplified over and over again . As a natural conceptual thinker your ideas range from short films to stunts to immersive experiences – always thinking about creative platforms not tactics.
You are “the one” if…
Y ou question everything and possess an innate curiosity... your fearless approach allows you to passionately develop bold ideas and persuade clients to commit to your vision. No detail is too small and you ’ r e known around the industry for flawless execution across all mediums. You are entrepreneurial in nature and like working outside of the lines.
We are a small shop that thrives on the entire team bringing resourceful thinking and amazing attitudes to the table. If you want to make your mark with your creative ideas, and your independent thinking, we are the right culture for you!
• Assist s team in executing all aspects of the d eep understanding and immersion in culture – primarily music/art/fashion/culinary
• O verse es multiple complex projects with concurrent deadlines - effective time management
• D evelop s new business ideas/pitches as well as oversee s the creative deliverables across projects
• Act s as a leader in developing new ideas for our clients
• Demonstrates strong strategic and creative thinking and proactively develop s and suggest s strong ideas at team and client meetings - help ing solve problems and generat ing new opportunities for clients
• Exhibits poise and professionalism and articulates ideas in effective, persuasive, and passionate ways
• Participates in a variety of presentation settings, one-on-one meetings , group meetings , and p rovides intelligent, convincing responses
• Other duties as assigned
• D egree in a related field
• 2-4 years of agency experience working with global brands and integrated campaigns
• Familiar and fluent with creative tools for PC and Mac OS
• Experience executing in digital, social, branded content and experiential
• Passionate about culture and music
• Exceptional knowledge of advertising and its industry
• Flexible and autonomous with the ability to work well in a team setting
• Exceptional creative vision paired with a world-class creative approach
• Strong ability to defend and sell ideas to clients and is savvy at fielding questions
• Strong understanding of the creative process
• Demonstrates original thinking and new ways of engaging consumers
Please apply before Wednes day , May 2 2 , 201 9
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for ca ndidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.