Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute, and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
In this dynamic position, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Heads of Publicity and Marketing. Additional responsibilities include providing additional support for any Publicity-related needs for Capitol Music Group. The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills and a “can do” attitude. Experience supporting more than one senior executive is ideal, but not required. Passion for music, entrepreneurial spirit, polished professional demeanor, ability to keep calm under pressure and desire for a career in music at Capitol Music Group are musts. Ideal candidate has a finger on the pulse of popular culture and entertainment. Prior marketing and/or administrative experience in a professional environment is ideal.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Support the Head of Publicity, including but not limited to: arranging meetings and conference calls, covering phone lines and managing calendars, greeting guests, booking travel, coordinating verbal and email requests, working closely with other assistants and helping cover their lines as needed
• Support the Head of Marketing by covering phone lines and coordinating verbal requests as well as greeting guests
• Support the marketing product managers/directors on as needed basis
• Manage budget reservations, create requisitions, facilitate PO approval, process invoices, troubleshoot vendor relations, etc.
• Obtain necessary internal approvals on an as needed basis with the finance and legal departments
• Record and distribute minutes and manage media for executive bi weekly marketing meeting
• Any additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-2 years of publicity, marketing and/or administrative experience.
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners
• Strong administrative, organizational and creative skills
• Strong computer skills are a plus – understanding of Microsoft Office and basic audio/video formats is essential
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Great social and interpersonal skills
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Must be flexible and able to multi-task
• Passion for pop culture and entertainment knowledge is critical
• Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.