Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a Vice President and Senior Director in the company’s global Communications Department.
The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines, and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. This role requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company.
• Provide administrative and operational support
• Coordinate phone coverage
• Assist with filing purchase orders
• Manage complex and fluctuating schedules, including scheduling meetings, coordinating calls – both domestic and international, prioritizing calendars and follow up
• Coordinate and book complex and frequent travel; prepare itineraries
• Prepare and track expense reports
• Track press releases, coordinate announcement scheduling and compile press clipping reports.
• Manage project deadlines, including keeping organized status reports
• Assist with organizing meetings and event planning
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Knowledge and interest in public relations, communications and press/media outlets
• Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities as needed
• Excellent professional and social judgment
• Cision Point experience preferred
• Work experience and/or internships at PR agencies, in-house communications departments or media outlets
• Demonstrated skill in a fast-paced administrative support role
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.