Administrative Assistant, Publicity
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2022 2:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Administrative Assistant, Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all Administrative Assistant, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
A division of Universal Music Group, the world's leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Bastille, Billy Porter, Bo Burnham, Clairo, Conan Gray, Daddy Yankee, Drake, Eddie Vedder, G Herbo, Glass Animals, Florence the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, Jimmy Fallon, John Legend, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Kim Petras, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Swedish House Mafia, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, Twice, Victor Victor and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, HYBE, Imperial, JYP, Lava Records, Universal Arabic Music, Victor Victor, XO, Young Money, among others. In addition, Republic has expanded to release high-profile soundtracks for Universal Pictures (Sing and Sing 2), Sony Pictures (Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse), and NBC TV (The Voice), as well as other notable film and television franchises. Extending further into the worlds of film, television, and content, Republic launched Federal Films in order to produce movies and series powered by the label's catalog and artists. With projects that align with Republic’s artists and brand, Federal Films is building a diverse slate that will bring compelling stories to audiences around the world. Initial documentary releases include Jonas Brothers’ Chasing Happiness, Ariana Grande: Excuse Me, I Love You and The Velvet Underground. Upcoming theatrical films include They Cloned Tyrone, The Hating Game and Marlowe.
Republic Records is looking for an Administrative Assistant who has superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and work on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Updating and maintaining executive calendars & day to day schedules
• Coordinate travel – provide a folder complete with all travel confirmations and itineraries before your manager leaves for a scheduled trip; all info should be reflected in calendar
• Connect artist phone interviews
• Organizing and submitting managers expenses
• Manage and oversee department quarterly budgets including process invoices and set up vendors. Previous experience with Uniport or finance systems a plus.
• Assist with the creation and organization of press materials including: bios, press reports, press kits, media alerts, press releases, event/show invitations, press photos, artwork
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining department calendars/documents including: Media Events, Dark Dates, TV Schedule
• Press Clippings: Research, organize and distribute companywide media alerts detailing artist press coverage
• Update Republic media contact lists
• Organization of award show submissions
• Compiling and oversee guest lists for shows and events
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate office meetings and events
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience and interest in public relations preferred
• Minimum 1 year of experience as an Administrative Assistant, and/or previous intern experience
• High attention to detail, excellent follow-through, problem-solving and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent time management skills - able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.