Administrative Assistant, Global Marketing Strategy
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A division of Universal Music Group, the world's leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Thought, Drake, Florence + the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, Young Money, among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (J Balvin and Karol G).
In addition, Republic has expanded to release high-profile soundtracks for Universal Pictures (Fifty Shades of Grey), Sony Pictures (Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse) and NBC TV (The Voice), as well as other notable film and television franchises. Extending further into the worlds of film, television, and content, Republic launched Federal Films in order to produce movies and series powered by the label's catalog and artists. Its first production was the Jonas Brothers documentary Chasing Happiness for Amazon Prime Video.
How we LEAD:?
Republic Records is hiring for an Administrative Assistant to support a high-level executive in the company's Global Marketing Strategy team . The ideal candidate will have experience supporting an SVP level or higher and have great judgment with discretion and confidentiality.?
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide administrative and operational support
• Manage complex and fluctuating schedules, including scheduling meetings, coordinating calls – both domestic and international, prioritizing calendars and follow up
• Process travel & entertainment expenses
• Coordinate and book complex and frequent travel; prepare itineraries
• Track departmental budgets and process invoices
• Coordinate incoming meeting requests and prioritize
• Manage project deadlines, including keeping organized status reports
• Assist with organizing meetings and event planning
• Design and create visual marketing presentations and decks
• Build sales reports for internal tracking
• Track release updates, charts and consumption for the department
Bring your VIBE:
• At least one (1) year with relevant experience working an administrative or similar role
• Bachelor's degree in Music, Business, Communications or relevant field
• Experience booking flight travel and processing expense reports
• Previous experience working with a music label or public relation firm, preferred
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels
• Must be highly organized and forward-thinking
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Canva
PLEASE NOTE: The target start date for this role is in the fall of 2023.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
$37,000 - $56,650
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.