Administrative Assistant, Creative
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City's vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam's music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality, and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
Def Jam Recordings is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the EVP, Chief Creative Officer and the SVP, Business Operations. Responsibilities include assisting the two executives with daily administrative tasks including scheduling, distribution of department reports and other ad hoc responsibilities as necessary.
How you'll CREATE:
• Responsible for assisting the department heads with daily administrative tasks and research
• Administrative duties include scheduling/calendar management, meeting notes, invoice processing, booking travel, expense reports and create meeting PowerPoints
• Effectively manage the executives time by prioritizing meetings and projects accordingly
• Create and circulate weekly consumption reports within the department, label and with partners
• Digital asset creation which can include, image graphics, GIFs, and memes (on an as needed basis)
• Maintain database of department project documents, Monday.com, Slack along with artist social lists, managers database, fan sites, influencers, and VIP list
• Work cross-functionally to execute a creative strategy with label peers
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• 1 to 3 years related experience in music, agency, or creative industries
• Foundational understanding of music and culture
• Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
• Mastery of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs, Concur, Uniport
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
• Must display keen interest in digital business, technology, and social media
• Must be a team player that values the success of the overall group
• The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who can perform well under pressure and enjoys working in a fluid environment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.