Administrative Assistant, Commerce & Digital
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Def Jam Recordings was founded in 1984 by Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons and has represented the very best in cutting edge music and youth culture for over 30 years. Def Jam Recordings began as a maverick independent label inspired by the downtown New York punk, art and club scenes and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneering iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and Kanye West. Def Jam’s music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand –synonymous with creativity and authenticity –encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Frank Ocean, Alessia Cara, Jeremih, Jeezy, Iggy Azalea, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, August Alsina, Jhene Aiko, and Logic among others.
Def Jam Recordings, a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Digital and Commerce Administrative Assistant to join our commerce and digital team to assist the SVP, Commerce and senior level team members with daily administrative and operational tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, project-centric, service-oriented team.
What Bandmember Are You?
• Work in fast-paced team environment, supporting several senior level team members
• Ensure accuracy and completeness when completing work.
• Professional interactions with visitors, executives, team members and employees.
• Utilize multiple systems to process invoices, complete expense reports, book travel, heavy schedule arrangements and developing key meeting materials.
• Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely fashion.
• Navigate complex environment to schedule meetings, capture notes, track progress against project deliverables.
• Effectively manage the SVP’s time by prioritizing meetings and projects accordingly
• Manage creation and circulation of commerce reports within the department, label and with partners.
• Maintain database of department tracking documents, including artist social lists, managers, fan sites, influencers and key commerce contacts.
• Prepares reports on Microsoft Excel
• Work cross-functionally to build and execute a company commerce strategy
• Duties and responsibilities subject to change and may include additional responsibilities based on business needs.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• 1 - 2 years of administrative experience in music, agency or technology industries
• Mastery of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs, Concur, Uniport
• Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Professional, responsive interaction with all interfaces
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to successfully balance work priorities under pressure and across multiple demands
• Self- starter, highly adaptable to a fluid and changing work environment with flexibility
• Must have excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address needs proactively
• Great team player; looks for opportunities to help the team achieve goals and deliverables
• Uses sound judgement and questions if something is out of the normal standards and processes
• Must display keen interest in digital business, technology and social media
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.