Administrative Assistant, Commerce & Digital Strategy
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A division of Universal Music Group, the world's leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Thought, Drake, Florence + the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, Young Money, among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (J Balvin and Karol G).?
In addition, Republic has expanded to release high-profile soundtracks for Universal Pictures (Fifty Shades of Grey), Sony Pictures (Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse) and NBC TV (The Voice), as well as other notable film and television franchises. Extending further into the worlds of film, television, and content, Republic launched Federal Films in order to produce movies and series powered by the label's catalog and artists. Its first production was the Jonas Brothers documentary Chasing Happiness for Amazon Prime Video.
How we CREATE:
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests.? A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A ''can-do'' attitude is essential.
• Set up Stream Team meetings and conference calls
• Coordinate incoming meeting requests and prioritize
• Help Executives stay on schedule
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Arrange meetings via Zoom, telephone & email/Microsoft Outlook Calendar
• Greet meeting participants
• Process travel & entertainment expenses
• Book travel, accommodations, car services
• Order and set-up food service for meetings
• Coordinate release information for streaming platforms
• Focus on organizing budgets and planning needs
• Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
• Archive emails, maintain current/prospective labels electronic folders
• Maintain an organized environment for the Executives' offices
• Update/manage calendar(s)
• Create and maintain presentations and other project work as assigned
• Coordinate equipment needs for team
• Office supplies
• Invoice payments and track all team budgets
• Recap various commerce reports and digital marketing campaigns?
• Work with artists and managers to execute accommodation orders for touring purposes
• Update Republic-owned playlists across DSPs and socials
Bring your VIBE:
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management Globally
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Experience as an assistant, ideally in entertainment/music
• Ability to multitask with great instincts?
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Excellent knowledge and application of Internet resources
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.