Administrative Assistant, College & Lifestyle Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant, College & Lifestyle Marketing, Urban Music
The Assistant, College & Lifestyle Marketing is responsible for supporting the Sr. Manager of College & Lifestyle Marketing and managing administrative functions of the department such as production and events schedule, payroll, information flow, and scheduling. The assistant will also assist with the marketing and promotional activities of the part-time College Reps in the field – 80 reps for UMG (UMUSIC Experience), supporting all college marketing activities for owned and associated labels. The assistant will be the College Reps main point of contact for any admin issues.
• Provide administrative support to Sr. Manager of College & Lifestyle Marketing including management of calendar and travel schedule.
• Assist with messaging directives to College Reps in regard to content creation, events, and promotional efforts around campus, media outlets, lifestyle and retail
• Maintain tour schedule keeping track of rep availability, content capture,promotional opportunities in each market, and assets created to support each date
• Support the Managers and Coordinator of College & Lifestyle Marketing with planning, organizing and executing all College Rep activities and promotions both regionally and nationally
• Create/Maintain all internal administration systems and processes
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels within the company
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
• Strong visual and aesthetic sensibilities and truly exceptional oral and written communication & listening skills a must
• Great understanding of technology, online marketing, and social networking
• Working knowledge of college, lifestyle, and grassroots marketing
• Excellent follow-through
• Excellent organizational skills
• Collaborative mind set
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of Urban artists and market
• Bilingual, Spanish a plus
• Entry level. Multiple internships or previous administrative assistant experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.