Administrative Assistant, A&R
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A division of Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Thought, Drake, Florence the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, Young Money, among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (J Balvin and Karol G).
How we LEAD:
Republic Records is currently seeking a dynamic Administrative Assistant to provide support to a Senior Executive. The ideal candidate is obsessively detailed, pro-active, has a knack for problem solving and a “can do” attitude. Experience supporting more than one senior executive is ideal, but not required. Customer service mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, polished professional demeanor, and the ability to keep calm under pressure are musts.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Extensive travel and meeting coordination
• Maintaining high-demand schedules and calendars
• Cover phone lines, partnering with other assistants as needed
• Meeting of guests and help with general queries
• Monthly Expenses reconciliation and processing
• Regular meeting prep and coordination including food ordering, document prep and organization as directed, occasional meeting coverage and note taking
• Completing general office administrative work such as printing and copying large documents
• Special project coordination requiring follow-up and meeting of deadlines
• Ticket coordination with company buyer
• Some A&R duties may apply: Research and compile data reports when necessary (NASA Reports, Industry Genre Reports, Shazam Reports, Miscellaneous trend reports as required/requested)
• Additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 1 years of administrative experience supporting a senior executive (SVP or above)
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of the company at all levels including Executive Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and clients
• Possess strong attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Proactive in determining roadblocks
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Must have the ability to build collaborative relationships
• Ability to keep information highly confidential
• Flexible and able to multi-task
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.