Admin Assistant, Astralwerks
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
Capitol Music Group is seeking a Team Assistant to provide administrative support to the label, including all 4 departments (A&R, Creative, Strategy, Marketing) as well as EA support to the GM. The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. Multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
• Provide Executive assistant duties for General Manager of Label
• Includes keeping diary, setting up meetings, booking travel, processing expenses and general admin
• Generate weekly marketing reports, pull BDS and media base reports and Soundscan for team
• Manage and maintain music delivery/sharing both internally and externally
• Work in tandem with Project Manager to provide administrative support
• Assist Digital Marketing with support for website updates, newsletters and insight/analytics
• Provide research support for A&R, Project management and Digital marketing
• Label and/or artist background information
• Current single status and/or sales history (BDS, sales, etc.)
• Social and digital media stats
• Update/Create artist 1-sheet once approved and update on daily/weekly to include
• Marketing-highlight “key” drivers
• Coordinate to ensure releases are properly scheduled
• Schedule releases with production and coordinate delivery of videos
• Maintain album release schedule and deadline dates
• Coordinate with Label Operations to ensure properly delivery
• Coordinate with Production department to ensure all assets are properly delivered
• Learn and be proficient with all needed UMG systems (Uniport, Expensys, R2, BDS, Soundscan, MediaBase and others)
• Facilitate payment process and coordinate with Accounts Payable/Finance
• Generate invoice approval system through Uniport
• Provide coding for invoice(s)
• Oversee approvers through system cue
• Alert vendor of check payment status
• Meeting Set Up
• Book conference room and confirm all participants via meeting request/email
• Set up weekly conference calls for label/artist planning meetings
• Circulate weekly marketing meeting agenda
• Take conference call/meeting notes for distribution
• Maintain departmental meeting schedules
• Compile and coordinate information for artist calendar/schedules for distribution
• Assist Project Managers with creating Marketing Plans for artists that require Marketing services
• Maintain artist product inventory (Promotional Materials, cd’s, etc.)
• Maintain and replenish product for artists to sell on the road
• Maintain artist & label contact list
• Work with marketing department to provide support across all campaigns including delivering assets, coordinating with external agencies, processing PO’s etc. As well as assisting on all promo coordination, artist itineraries/travel etc.
• Support A&R team with parts delivery, internal clearances, etc as well as research support
• Support Creative team with parts delivery, clearances, liaising with freelancers etc.
• Support Strategy team by creating documents, presentations, summarizing data etc.
• Provide weekly reports, sales data, streaming charts etc.
• Maintain artist info on internal and B2B systems
• Artist bio’s
• Photos (album covers, press, managed approved images)
• Artist Updates/1-sheet/Marketing Plans
• Label Copy
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
• Previous experience supporting an executive with discretion and confidentiality.
• Music or entertainment experience is required.
• Degree or equivalent experience preferred. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.