Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
As ADABAS Administrator, you will have the opportunity to grow and leverage your technical skills in database administration and tuning to manage our database environments. Working directly with application development teams, system engineers, and storage engineers you will be accountable for setting up and maintaining the database environments, performance tuning, and ensuring database resources are optimized for performance and cost. A strong knowledge of ADABAS/Natural is required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues. This position requires an established and proven database support experience in a global network environment. In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end-users, technical IT teams, business partners, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Administration and support of ADABAS/Natural
• Performance monitoring & tuning
• Optimize database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost
• Ensure architectural, quality, and governance adherence
• Problem analysis, diagnosis, and implementation of resolutions
• Provide 24x7 system database administration support
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required
• ADABAS Certified Database Administrator preferred
• IBM AIX Administration – v7
• Working knowledge of IBM HCM
• Working knowledge of IBM LPAR technology
• ITIL Foundation Certification strongly desired
• International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
• General Adabas knowledge: Benefits of using Adabas, platform availability, components of an Adabas database system, access mechanisms including Universal Encoding Support, Adabas add-on products (overview level)
• Adabas Architecture: Adabas database and file structures, structures in the Adabas nucleus, i.e. buffers and pools
• Database Administration: Tasks of an Adabas database administrator, installation, administration tools
• Handling of the Adabas Nucleus: Adabas operator commands, starting, stopping and restarting the Adabas nucleus, ADARUN parameters and operator commands
• Database and File Administration: Database and file design, database and file maintenance, descriptor and space management
• Database and File Access: Access and update commands, transaction and hold logic, user types
• Monitoring and Performance: Database report, nucleus statistics, command logging, add-on products for monitoring, performance aspects
• Ensuring Database Availability: Backup and recovery, protection logging, error handling, problem-solving
• Organization - Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
• Tactical execution - demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
• Solid interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish