Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/26/2021 1:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Accounts Receivable Coordinator jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Accounts Receivable Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounts Receivable Coordinator?
Full Time Job
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (TEMP)
Our Credit department has a Temporary A/R Coordinator opening which will run for approximately 7 months. This is a cash application A/R role which will post cash for our merchandising business unit, processing approximately 50 checks per day.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Processes all cash receipts and remittance applications in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintains Control Logs, deposits and interoffice remittance transfers
• Split and transfer of cash to one or more receiving accounts, and application of check after transfer
• Application of cash against open items, process offset transaction forms within the parameters of the write off approval chart.
• Reviews remittance advice information with the appropriate credit person, if necessary, to resolve application discrepancies and determine cash application criteria on a customer by customer basis
• Contacts customer or notifies appropriate Credit Personnel regarding lack of remittance detail, incomplete remittance advice, unidentified deductions, calculation errors, discount calculations and duplicate payments and deductions
• Reviews unapplied and unreconciled cash reports
• Communicates with accounts regarding ''skipped invoices'' at month-end close
• Maintains accounts receivable files substantiating entries made to the open item file as well as customers' checks, remittances and envelopes in date/batch order
• Processes electronic remittance advices and applies exceptions
• Performs clerical duties to assist Credit and Claims Personnel
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-3 years Accounts Receivable experience from retail, entertainment studios or food industries preferred
• BA or some college in Accounting, Business, or related field a plus
• SAP experience a plus
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, and detail-oriented skills required
• Experience with high volume processing preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.