Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We’re looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to take responsibility for application of all checks.
• Processes all cash receipts and remittance applications in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintains Control Logs, deposits and interoffice remittance transfers
• Split and transfer of cash to one or more receiving accounts, and application of check after transfer
• Application of cash against open items, process offset transaction forms within the parameters of the write off approval chart
• Reviews remittance advice information with the appropriate credit person, if necessary, to resolve application discrepancies and determine cash application criteria on a customer by customer basis
• Contacts customer or notifies appropriate Credit Personnel regarding lack of remittance detail, incomplete remittance advice, unidentified deductions, calculations errors, discount calculations and duplicate payments and deductions
• Reviews unapplied and unreconciled cash reports
• Communicates with accounts regarding “skipped invoices” at month-end close
• Maintains accounts receivable files substantiating entries made to the open item file as well as customers’ checks, remittances and envelopes in date/batch order
• Processes electronic remittance advices and applies exceptions
• Detail-oriented and extremely accurate data entry skills
• Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
• High Excel proficiency (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.)
• Ability to work successfully within time constraints and deadlines
• Problem Solver
• A minimum of 2 years of collections/customer service experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.