Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/7/2021 7:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Manager jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Manager?
Full Time Job
Job title: Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Manager
Responsible to: Transactional Finance Manager (UMO)
Department: Central Finance
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
To manage and support the OTC and PTP leads, ensuring the smooth running of both departments, maintaining rigorous controls and reviews to ensure KPI’s are maintained in both areas. Maximise systems to enable efficient and financially robust processes, driving continual improvements in an ever-changing industry.
Lead the team in establishing good communication with the key stakeholders, managing relationships both internally and externally.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Manage internal processes & teams to ensure prompt processing & payment to supplier base
• Ensure prompt collection and management of company’s debt
• Monitor and manage credit limits and risk.
• Manage cash flow requirements per central finance instructions
• Preparing annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
• Manage cash flow requirements per Group Treasury
• Preparing annual debtor & creditor cash flow annual projections and periodic forecasts
• Manage and maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of our on and offshore teams.
• Regular meetings with key stakeholders
• Maintain & review rigorous controls across whole department as part of internal & external Audit process
• Deliver the highest possible service to our customers & suppliers across the group.
• Forge a strong connection with other finance areas to ensure efficient and seamless reporting across the whole department.
• Prepare and distribute KPI’s to senior management.
• Manage and oversee process improvement projects across department
• Excellent Credit Control and AP management experience; ideally in Music Industry or Media industry
• BPO experience or remote management experience
• Ability to think creatively and practically to develop and implement new processes in fast paced industry
• Technically & financially minded, analytical and methodical in approach
• Experience of managing month end process
• Strong people manager
• Team player, good at building professional relationships and adapting a personal approach to deal with different personalities and varying levels of knowledge and skills across the organisation.
• Able to manage and prioritise for the teams in an often-pressurised environment
• Solution driven and technically minded
• Proven track record of maintaining strong controls and audit responsibilities
• Experience in Microsoft systems, including excel to advanced level.
• SAP & SAP Business Objects experience
• Experience in RPA and automation of processes
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.