Accounting Manager, Global IT
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support the Global IT Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Director, CAS; this position will support the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process of UMG’s central IT operations. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
What Bandmember Are You?
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including:
• Primary responsibility for managing the monthly financial close & reporting processes of the Global IT Center:
• Manage BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA’s (service level agreements)
• Review and/or prepare monthly accruals & allocations
• Review all GL activities for proper accounting
• Review & approve journal entries & analysis prepared by BPO staff in Mumbai; including balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparing management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
• Review corporate reporting submitted to global consolidation system Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
• Provide support to global IT finance team as necessary to assist in the quarterly forecasts and annual plan process
• Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
• Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
• Experience with SAP or similar general Ledger applications
• Strong Excel & Word skills required; Access experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Experience with HFM
• Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Authorized to work in the US.
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.