A&R Video Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: A&R Video Manager
Responsible to: Senior A&R Manager
Location of work: 4PS
A&R Video Manager
Support UMC’s strategy to maintain, build and monetise the visual elements of the world’s greatest recorded music catalogue.
Reporting to senior A&R management within UMC (Universal Music Catalogue) developing visual solutions that help promote listening of music across music and video streaming platforms. To optimise the existing visual asset base (video, art, archive etc) to help further innovation and commercial exploitation.
The role requires a deep understanding of the role of visual media in the context of music consumption, both in terms of the creative process and the onward promotion and distribution thereof. An up to date understanding of the various channels where audio-visual material is consumed and how to format our output effectively is essential.
Working closely with both internal label partners (Polydor, Virgin EMI, Island etc.) and International contacts you will be a gifted communicator and comfortable interacting with artist management as well as technical experts.
You will have a proven track record of commissioning AV content in a related field and an existing network of video design/animation/production creatives.
Key role responsibilities:
• Create and execute commercially viable AV strategies on digital streaming platforms for UMG artists
• Develop schedule to commercially release 3 rd party AV performance content, on behalf of UMG artists and labels
• Respond to consumption data and market trends, enabling UMC to deliver best in class digital AV content across new and existing formats and platforms
• Work directly with artist teams to future proof their digital AV catalogues
• Use portfolio of out-of-house creatives to commission new AV content
• Label ambassador for gathering & implementation of label copy data points to assist voice search technologies
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.