Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/26/2021 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all A&R Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A&R Manager? Description
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including: The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
How we LEAD:
UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast with A&R experience, deep catalog music knowledge, experience with video production and strong music business background to join our catalog A&R team as the Manager of A&R. This role reports to the VP, A&R and is based in Santa Monica, CA.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Identify repertoire, specifically video elements, for commercial exploitation through archive research and asset management
• Research, pitch and produce financially & commercially viable video, digital and physical releases from the Universal Music Group catalog across all artists and genres
• Manage & coordinate full A&R lifecycle, from research to recording/production process to product release
• Oversee and be accountable for project expenditures & budgets
• Provide efficient and effective research data and assets across a wide variety artists and genres
• Maintain strict quality control of products & releases
Bring your VIBE:
• Deep catalog knowledge with an archivist/researcher like mindset across a wide range of music genres, artists and music products and strong understanding of the music industry & recording methods and technology
• Familiarity with video production tasks including archiving, up-res’ing and restoring content from a wide range of historical video and film formats
• Create, assemble, manage third parties and QC video projects including Blu-ray titles
• Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Must be current on today’s music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
• Work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
• Effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
• 3 years’ experience in the music business, preferably with catalog/heritage music and knowledge of recording methods and technology
• Experience successfully managing A&R and budget process for a product release from origination to product completion
• Proven track record initiating, originating, managing and successfully completing all relevant aspects of recorded music releases and projects
• Knowledge and experience in digital/streaming formats & platforms including playlist compilations, programming, and content curation
• Bachelor’s degree required in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.