A&R, Creative Executive
Universal Music GroupKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is a leading global music publisher with 48 offices in 46 countries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, UMPG represents music across every genre from some of the world’s most important songwriters and catalogs.
We are currently for a A&R/ Creative Executive to join Universal Music Publishing Group Malaysia.
About the role:
• Manage, maintain and update the roster of UMPG Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Indo-China writers i.e. update them on projects, set up cowrites, pitch songs, provide feedback on songs and answer queries
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local and International key industry professionals, including A&R reps, producers, artist managers with flexible hours, with the intention of creating opportunities for writers
• Prioritize and manage multiple opportunities at the same time in a fast-paced environment, to ensure requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
• Discover and sign unpublished songwriters and catalogues
• Actively pitch demos to A&Rs/management worldwide and help identifying possible exploitation. Work closely with sync team to find opportunities for writers.
• Communicating with writers and follow closely on writers’ social media activities to keep track of new songs or any performance activities
• Maintain an up-to-date, searchable music demo database
• Provide regular updates of -Who's Looking- list to writers
• Provide monthly updates of holds/cuts list to writers
• Setting up writing-sessions and assisting setting up writing-camps and coordinating zoom meeting schedules
• Stay on top of new music trends. Compile bi-weekly local and international airplay charts and distribute to writers
• Manage and compile information for press releases on social media of new signings
• Collect new released song registration information and ensuring they are registered at PREF system and all music saved to the internal drives
• Compile and submit a list of new released domestic YouTube video to Regional new business and digital hub on bi-weekly basis
• Create the weekly internal creative report
• Monitor writers’ advance recoupment
• Assisting writers on membership application with performing society
• Submit Notification of Performance to performing society
• A genuine love and passion for all genres of music
• Friendly and results-oriented personality. A proactive self-starter, willing to take responsibility showing enthusiasm and initiative
• Motivated and hungry to find and develop talent
• Exceptional people skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be proficient in English, Mandarin and Bahasa
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.