Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/6/2022 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Coordinator jobs in New York-NY
Search all A&R Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City's vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam's music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture, and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an A&R Coordinator that will provide support to the A&R Department. He/she will help with booking travel for artists, expense processing for the members of the team, booking studios and serve as a point person for the department. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment and have previous experience supporting an executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multitasking and working on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment is crucial
How you'll CREATE:
• Act as a liaison between the A&R team and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, vendors, internal departments, etc.
• Coordinating meetings, maintaining calendar, arranging conference calls and meeting requests, etc
• Preparing business expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Booking travel and creating and confirming travel itineraries
• Handle all assets and information needed for meetings. Provide agendas, manage video conference, release recap videos and play music submissions
• Coordinate and participate on shared projects with all levels of staff
• Make agendas for meetings and collect/organize assets
• Miscellaneous administrative duties and project work as assigned
• Provide additional support to A&R department as required
• Coordinating records (keeping track of sessions, booking studios, transcribing lyrics, compiling credits and maintaining recording budgets
• Coordinate artist recording sessions which includes but is not limited to booking recording studios, engineers and artist travel.
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-2 years of promotions, A&R, and/or administrative experience in music or entertainment
• Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred
• Must be passionate about music and excited to learn in a fun and inspiring environment
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, writing and interpersonal skills. Exceptional communication and time management skills. Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible in a fast-paced environment. The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously is required.
• Positive and can-do attitude
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop
• Studio knowledge & familiarity with ETA, Uniport & Expensys are a plus
• Must be available to work overtime and to attend occasional evening showcases as required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.