Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Full Time Job
A&R COORDINATOR (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
JOB OPPORTUNITY – A&R COORDINATOR
(12 MONTH CONTRACT) – 2 Positions Available
Closing Date: Dec ember 11 , 20 20
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love m usic and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Manager, Artists & Repertoire , this role will provide support to the A&R department and will contribute to a positive work environment with an emphasis on a 'team' concept. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative and energetic individual with a huge passion for music.
• Provide ongoing support to the A&R team by assisting with the A&R operational process and enforce departmental best practices
• Coordinate internal scheduling process, transitioning releases from A&R to Universal Music Canada's production grid
• Assist in gathering and verifying metadata and label copy, ensuring accuracy for system setup (lyrics, artist, producer, musician, studio credits, thank you's, liner notes, etc.)
• Input data into UMG's repertoire systems as needed
• Coordinate asset delivery to ensure deadlines are met
• Liaise on behalf of the A&R with all internal departments, including Marketing, Creative, Digital, and Operations
• Schedule studio time and help find suitable producers, writers/co-writers, and sound engineers
• Coordinate pre-production and production, mixing and mastering for each artist project
• Collect and archive audio masters for each artist project
• Provide creative input and direction on artist's material
• Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
• Request payments throughout the creative process, including producers/mixers/remixers
• Assist with various special projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor/College Degree preferred
• Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure & meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and to identify potential issues and successfully problem solve with business deliverables in mind
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Great strategic and analytic al thinking with the curiosity to optimize processes
• Knowledge of today's music scene, trends, emerging artists and a strong understanding of the recording process
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Availability to work and attend various events on weekends and evenings (once allowed and safe to do so)
• Ability to work and think clearly in a loud environment
Please apply before Dec ember 11 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S , and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.