A&R Team Assistant
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2020 11:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Team Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all A&R Team Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A&R Team Assistant? Description
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Publishing Group is looking for a dynamic Team Assistant to support the Creative Operations. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented person, who can easily handle the coordinator duties listed below, as well as someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can handle the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Coordinate writing sessions for writers and artists.
• Coordinate writing camps.
• Keep up-to-date with what songs/sessions labels need for their artists and relay that info to the team/looking lists.
• Keep up-to-date with labels’ new signings.
• Update a database/folder of our “A level” songs to be pitched. Categorize by style, genre, tempo etc.
• Raise awareness of our new signings both inside and outside the company.
• Update maintaining website and google doc with all writer and artist blurbs
• Coordinate outfacing UMPG writer and artist showcases.
• Create and update UMPG Spotify playlists.
• Go to shows supporting our artists and scouting for new artists.
• Expenses and travel for NY A&R Department.
• Research DSP’s for new and breaking artists.
• Assist with phones, travel and expenses for NY A&R department.
Bring your VIBE:
• Work well in a team and individual setting
• Be thorough, detail-oriented, and focused
• Proficient in Excel
• Ability to stay on task and take direction
• Effective communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to build strong cross-departmental partnerships
• Prior music business experience, understands the process and how it works
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.