A&R & Creative Partnership Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
A&R & Creative Partnership Manager (12 month contract)
Job title: A&R & Creative Partnership Manager (12 month contract)
Responsible to: Senior Head of A&R
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Working with world renowned artists from The Lumineers to Andrea Bocelli and Gregory Porter alongside internationally ground-breaking young artists such as Aurora and Jacob Collier is all in a day's work at Decca Records. Home to icons of classical, jazz, country, Americana and more, Decca Records - synonymous with 60s rock'n'roll - has been defining music of all genres since 1929.
We are an exciting and vibrant label at Decca with a team who are passionate about delivering outstanding campaigns of all genres to a broad demographic of music lovers.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Finding new opportunities across a wide spectrum of musical genres, particularly within adult contemporary, as well as exploring potential A&R opportunities outside of traditional artist-led projects
• Putting together and overseeing recording sessions, post-production, mix and master
• Creating pitch decks for new artist pitches, new soundtrack pitches and for the Senior Head of A&R
• Championing the roster within the label and externally
• Advising, sourcing and working with artists on repertoire (both covers and new material)
• Advising on appropriate recording and production teams across a range of genres
• Experience of putting together budgets and P&Ls
• A creative, communicative individual with entrepreneurial approach, used to work in teams in comparable creative environments
• Strong passion for classical music, and ideally for other genres as well, with a special focus on classical, instrumental, soundtracks, adult contemporary
• Diplomatic, negotiation and business skills in dealing with artists and other business partners
• Proven track record in successful project management of a comparable scope
• Flexibility including willingness to travel and work unsociable and non-standard hours, ability to work under pressure, organisational talent, good communication skills, team-player
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.