A&R Admin Coordinator
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/11/2022 6:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Admin Coordinator jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all A&R Admin Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Job title: A&R Admin Coordinator
Responsible to: Senior Label Operations Manager
Department: Universal Music Catalogue
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMC is the label responsible for Universal Music Group's world class catalogue of recordings. Our purpose is to actively drive the continued cultural impact of our songs and artists.
Steeped in music culture and with a deep respect for artistry, our dynamic label is as exciting and creative as our artists – with teams working across audience development; creative; commercial; marketing; A&R and more. Working with our internal and external partners we develop innovative strategies to grow audiences across multiple entry points and platforms.
With any recording over three years falling within our remit, our repertoire covers a vast variety of artists – from iconic legends like The Beatles, Bob Marley, Elton John to modern classics like Amy Winehouse, Massive Attack, Spice Girls and the catalogues of current stars like The 1975, Jamie T and many more; plus the soundtracks of Disney.
We exist to elevate our exceptional repertoire by mining this rich diversity of our catalogue - both shallow and deep.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
The UMC A&R team is responsible for all Universal Music's catalogue music output, from archive streaming campaigns to 4K YouTube videos to vinyl box sets. The team provide creative output, relationship management and product development that supports a best-in-class release schedule and content plan.
This role sits within the Label Operations team in A&R and is integral to supporting the label's release initiation and scheduling across all areas. It includes assistance in the product creation process, research, and administrative support.
• Responsible for keeping UMC Release Schedules up to date with new releases and date changes and tracking initiation progress for each release
• Liaise with legal, licensing, copyright, metadata, production, and supply chain teams to monitor progress of releases
• Attend scheduling meetings and assist with updates between A&R, production, and supply chain teams
• Coordinate formatting and scheduling with A&R and marketing for all releases
• Collate label copy information with A&R Managers for submission to Metadata Operations
• Ensure all audio and audiovisual parts for digital and physical products are ordered and put into production in time to meet release deadlines
• Coordinate UMC label submissions for third party rights clearance
• Assist in managing UGC claiming administration process for UK catalogue repertoire
• Champion label quality control measures, to ensure best practice benchmarks are consistent throughout all release output
• Ensure all newly created digital masters and assets are archived
• Attend meetings and distribute minutes and feedback where required
• Be the subject matter expert for delivery and scheduling of audiovisual releases into the supply chain
• A proven track record in a related admin or metadata role
• Preferred working knowledge of digital and/or physical music production processes
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload
• Adaptable and able to use initiative
• Ability to communicate and liaise with all levels and departments within the business
• Highly organised with proven administrative skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Great attention to detail
• Passionate about music and the digital landscape – and ultimately a music obsessed fan with broad tastes!
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.