Reporter, Today Digital
Today DigitalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2021 12:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Reporter, Today Digital jobs in New York-NY
Search all Reporter, Today Digital postings
Full Time Job
Want to work with one of Americaâ€™s most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team covers newsmaking interviews, celebrity updates and cultural trends, and launches original and creative features. Weâ€™re looking for a reporter to work a Tuesday - Saturday schedule â€'' a generalist who can cover all topics and help build up our growing weekend coverage, bringing efficiency and clean writing, but also a fun voice and big ideas to the table. If you love to spot a story as itâ€™s going viral and have a great sense of what will turn into a talker before itâ€™s all over the internet, this is the job for you.
• Write strong, clean copy around the buzzy and trending stories that emerge each day. Find the interesting angles, elements and sources to make a story sing.
• Be familiar with the wide range of content TODAY typically covers.
• Be versatile â€'' able to easily flex between topics like news, health, parenting, celebrity, and more.
• Follow the rules of AP Style and meticulously fact-check copy before filing.
• Able to distill a story into its most shareable and searchable elements, with SEO-friendly headlines and keywords.
• Pitch interesting and innovative stories â€'' whether itâ€™s the story everyone will be talking about that day or an in-depth feature.
• 4 years of writing experience in a newsroom
• Expertise writing SEO and social headlines
• Ability to write clean, fast and accurate copy, headlines, and
photo and video captions
• Must be based in New York or LA
• Have a gut instinct for a good story. Youâ€™re decisive on
angles and assignments, and you write in a fun, clear,
• Quick and accurate at all times: Typos drive you crazy.
Factual errors keep you up at night. You stay calm under
pressure, think fast, and turn stories around quickly and
with no drama.
• Proactive â€'' youâ€™re constantly in search of an amazing
story that hasnâ€™t been told.
• Speak fluent Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (extra
points for TikTok!). Youâ€™re obsessed with the latest trends
and know how to turn those trends into shareable stories.
• Savvy with CrowdTangle, Domo and Chartbeat: You use
analytics to help guide story selection and pivot based on
• Armed with a positive attitude. Youâ€™re ready to tackle any
and every story sent your way, regardless of topic.
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment.