Media Research Coordinator, Searchlight
The Walt Disney CompanyOs Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2022 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Research Coordinator, Searchlight jobs in Os Angeles-CA
Search all Media Research Coordinator, Searchlight postings
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company's titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson's award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner's The Night House, Michael Showalter's The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper's Antlers, Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi's Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
As the Media Research Coordinator for the Searchlight Pictures Marketing Team, you are responsible for supporting various aspects of the strategy and execution of the Searchlight Pictures Media plans. You will partner closely with the broader Media team, Creative, Publicity, Distribution, and other departments within Searchlight and our partners across other Disney lines of business.
• Partner with team members to brainstorm on campaign strategies and tactics for media plans both theatrical and streaming (Hulu)
• Manage elements of the execution process: rotations grids, budget reconciliations, plan comparisons, budget pages, etc.
• Oversee meeting/conversation recaps from the agency to ensure accuracy across all plans
• Assist the media team and the advertising agency to keep execution tactics on track in extremely tight deadlines
• Analyze daily/weekly tactics and bring forth key learnings to help streamline team processes
• Work seamlessly with internal teams and the agency to ensure creative is delivered on time
• Assist Manager in overseeing campaign performance and identifying plan highlights
• Help coordinate meetings (internal / agency / vendor) and storage of digital files / server organization
• Act as central point of communication to the agency on status report updates (e.g. date changes, flighting)
• Liaise between the Media department and other internal departments within Searchlight, including Creative, Publicity, and Distribution
• Identify both internal and external media partners for synergistic promotional opportunities
• Responsible for developing a working knowledge of media relevant to the business (e.g. TV, Social, Digital, Radio, OOH, Trade Print)
• Research consumer behavior and trends and develop an understanding of the rapidly changing marketplace
• Proactively keep abreast of industry trends, attend vendor meetings, help cultivate new vendor opportunities and share knowledge with the team
• Assist with research logistics including test screenings, creative testing, and exit polls where necessary – selection of test markets, securing theaters/focus group facilities, working with production on the delivery of film prints, etc.
• Review research instruments (e.g., questionnaires, discussion guides) in preparation for evaluation by supervisors for feedback and final approval
• Stay on top of the latest industry reports/measures, including Box Office, NRG Tracking, Cinemascore, and Rotten Tomatoes
• Must possess a talent for multi-tasking while helping to execute several titles at different stages of a campaign
• Digitally savvy and demonstrates a passion about emerging media
• Ability to communicate concisely and clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Able to adapt to a constantly changing work environment and prioritize accordingly
• Team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
• Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with agency, colleagues and vendors
• Self-starter who demonstrates initiative with an innate curiosity to learn and adapt as the business changes
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Excel spreadsheets is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.