Director, Integrated Media- Nbc4, Telemundo44 & NBC Sports
Full Time Job
The Director, Integrated Media will lead the digital properties and initiatives for NBC Local in Washington, DC which includes NBC4, T44 and NBC Sports Washington.
• Define the overall digital editorial vision and lead digital team in executing on that strategy, coordinating across all platforms
• Develop strategic plans for online editorial coverage of events, elections, severe weather and initiatives
• Manage editorial and business strategy, operations and direction for nbcwashington.com , telemundowashington.com and nbcsportswashington.com web sites, social media accounts, mobile apps and OTT streaming platforms. This includes driving the operational vision and leading the management team on managing the local editorial voice, programming the homepage, gathering and prioritizing content from a range of sources and feeds, managing the execution of publishing workflows, adhering to editorial style guides, and hitting aggressive benchmarks for the volume, frequency of content publication and engagement.
• Partner closely with peers in news and content to ensure coordination of efforts and the ongoing transformation of the traditional models into multi-platform content
• Participate in editorial and content meetings and act as liaison between television and digital platforms
• Create original news and sports articles, videos and slideshows, and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines
• Collaborate with counterparts in other local markets to share stories and resources across all of NBCâ€™s local websites and digital platforms
• Liaise with national Integrated Media and local station leadership team, providing regular updates of business strategies and objectives
• Monitor traffic, qualitative and engagement trends for digital and mobile platforms and share with leadership team
• Work closely with Brand Marketing in marketing efforts for digital platforms. Participate in business development with sales management and account executives to provide digital sales ideation. Seek and review business development opportunities for all news platforms
• Partner closely with sales. Present editorial projects, franchises and associated traffic and qualitative metrics to sales team on regular basis, providing specific advertising solution for clients. Attend client meetings as necessary.
• Partner closely with Community on local station initiatives.
• Manage contracts on content partnerships and legal issues of web site
• Lead digital team meetings, providing summary of editorial, marketing, business development and research efforts
• Set and monitor traffic and engagement goals for editorial team
• Supervise, mentor, develop and manage the digital staff
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a broadcast TV, Cable TV and/or Web-Internet management or operational role
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when as necessary
• Must submit a resume through the link below
• Skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a staff in a creative, demanding, and fast paced environment
• Strong journalism and editorial skills; high journalistic integrity
• Experience managing online editorial teams, with the ability to coach, mentor, direct, and provide feedback
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proven ability to develop strategic vision and execute
• Ability to expertly influence a large population to embrace the digital space
• Possess a creative and imaginative mindset with proven ability to work independently and multi-task in a results-driven environment
• Ability to adapt quickly to new internal tools and systems
• Experience editing video and creating slideshows
• Must be able to lead large-scale special projects (e.g. Olympics, elections, team playoffs)
• Spanish language skills
• Previous experience as managing editor or similar, with a demonstrable record of success in sports coverage and ability to use full range of digital and social media tools to promote.
• Passionate sports fan, with strong knowledge of Washington, DC Sports and its professional and collegiate teams, who knows how to aggregate, find and program engaging sports content.