Analyst, Baseball Research & Development
Tampa Bay RaysSaint Petersburg, FL
Full Time Job
* Analyst, Baseball Research & Development
The Tampa Bay Rays are searching for our next Baseball Research and Development Analyst.
Our R&D group helps shape the Baseball Operations decision-making processes through the analysis and interpretation of data. We are seeking those with a passion for baseball and a desire to contribute through mathematics, data analysis, and computation. The next members of our R&D team will be intellectual contributors that can work both individually and collaboratively, come up with interesting research questions to explore, find ways to answer those questions through the available data, develop, test and validate quantitative tools, communicate the results of their research, and work to apply their research outcomes to improve how our organization operates. The new hire will want to work with people who care about being a good teammate, want to make a positive impact on the organization, have an innovative spirit, and will explore new ways to improve. Does this describe you?
• Build customized statistical modeling tools for accurate prediction and inference for various baseball applications.
• Provide statistical modeling expertise to other R&D Analysts.
• Optimize code to ensure quick and reliable model sampling/optimization.
• Author both technical and non-technical internal reports on your work.
• Experience with Stan or other probabilistic programming language
• Experience with R or Python
• Deep understanding of the fundamentals of Bayesian Inference, MCMC, and Autocorrelation/Time Series Modeling.
• Start date is flexible. For example, candidates with an extensive amount of remaining time left in an academic program are encouraged to apply immediately.
• Candidates with non-traditional schooling backgrounds, as well as candidates with Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field are encouraged to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.