* Analyst, Baseball Research & Development
Tampa Bay RaysSaint Petersburg, FL
Full Time Job
The Tampa Bay Rays are searching for our next Baseball Research and Development Analyst.
Our R&D group helps shape the Baseball Operations decision-making processes through the analysis and interpretation of data. We are seeking those with a passion for baseball and a desire to contribute through mathematics, data analysis, and computation. The next members of our R&D team will be intellectual contributors that can work both individually and collaboratively, come up with interesting research questions to explore, find ways to answer those questions through the available data, develop, test and validate quantitative tools, communicate the results of their research, and work to apply their research outcomes to improve how our organization operates. The new hire will want to work with people who care about being a good teammate, want to make a positive impact on the organization, have an innovative spirit, and will explore new ways to improve. Does this describe you?
• Build customized statistical modeling tools for accurate prediction and inference for various baseball applications.
• Provide statistical modeling expertise to other R&D Analysts.
• Optimize code to ensure quick and reliable model sampling/optimization.
• Author both technical and non-technical internal reports on your work.
• Experience with Stan or other probabilistic programming language
• Experience with R or Python
• Deep understanding of the fundamentals of Bayesian Inference, MCMC, and Autocorrelation/Time Series Modeling.
• Start date is flexible. For example, candidates with an extensive amount of remaining time left in an academic program are encouraged to apply immediately.
• Candidates with non-traditional schooling backgrounds, as well as candidates with Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Statistics, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field are encouraged to apply
All offers contingent on a satisfactory background check.
Statement: All applicants for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Acknowledgement: (Yes/No) I understand that if offered a role and by accepting a role with the Tampa Bay Rays or Rowdies, I will be participating in COVID-19 community risk mitigation practices including wearing masks in common areas and being vaccinated against the virus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.