Seasonal Festival Manager, Accessibility
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 8/27/2021 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Accessibility jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Accessibility postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seasonal Festival Manager, Accessibility?
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager of Accessibility is charged with overseeing all elements related to operational accessibility for the 2022 Sundance Film Festival (SFF22). Inclusion is a core value at Sundance Institute, and we are deeply committed to serving artists and audiences from all communities through the Sundance Film Festival. This position oversees one seasonal employee, the Accessibility Coordinator.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Safety and Accessibility, the Festival Accessibility Manager supports Sundance Institute's commitment to providing an inclusive and accessible Festival experience for all artists, audiences, partners, staff, and volunteers.
This full-time temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, November 15, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. Additionally, this position will be required to work onsite and extended hours, including evenings and weekends leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Serving as primary point person for all questions, concerns, or inquiries related to Festival accessibility.
• Assisting Artist teams in communication and coordination with any artists or projects that have accessible needs.
• Managing SFF22 accommodation requests and ensuring these are communicated to appropriate internal teams.
• Managing communication with accessible vendors including American Sign Language (ASL) providers, Communication Realtime Access Translation (CART) Services, etc.
• Working with Marketing and Communications to ensure accessibility language and policy is clearly communicated.
• Building and implementing accessibility training materials for internal staff and volunteers.
• Onboarding and effectively managing the Accessibility Coordinator.
• Providing clear expectations and overseeing the workload of the Accessibility Coordinator.
• Attending and often leading the weekly Accessibility Committee meetings.
• Managing the project plan to make sure the committee stays on task and meets deadlines.
• Managing the Festival Accessibility budget.
• Communicating with official partners on SFF22 Accessibility policy and protocol, as needed.
• Assisting at any screenings where accessible accommodation has been implemented, as needed.
• Completing a comprehensive written wrap report.
• Completing project-based assignments as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• Basic understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and accessibility.
• Experience working with people with disabilities is highly recommended.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work alongside team members.
• Experience leading a team or managing staff.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Implement and communicate clear operational elements related to Accessibility for the 2022 Festival.
• Effectively manage and work alongside the Accessibility Coordinator.
• Successfully manage your time and prioritize tasks to ensure projects and deadlines are met.
• Consistently have effective, clear, and concise communication with internal staff, official partners, committee members, and Festival patrons.
In addition to an competitive weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program