Executive Assistant, Finance & Business / Legal Affairs - Sony Pictures Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant, Finance & Business/Legal Affairs - Sony Pictures Television
Industrial Media is the feature documentary, premium content, and unscripted unit within Sony Pictures Television (SPT). Through ownership interests in or with production companies Sharp Entertainment, The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC), B17 Entertainment, 19 Entertainment, This Machine Filmworks, This Radicle Act, Trilogy Films, House of NonFiction, and Maxine, the group creates and produces content in every form of programming for audiences worldwide, currently totaling more than 100 series across 35 networks. Key programs include the global hit ''American Idol'' and ''So You Can Think You Can Dance'', each co-produced by 19 Entertainment for ABC and Fox, respectively, Sharp Entertainment's ''90 Day Fiancé'' franchise for TLC; IPC's Emmy®-winning hit documentary series ''Leah Remini: Scientology & the Aftermath'' for A&E, ''Indian Matchmaking'' and ''Night Stalker'' for Netflix and ''Selena+Chef'' for HBO Max; and B17 Entertainment's ''History of Swear Words for Netflix and ''Chasing the Cure'' for TNT/TBS. Additionally, 19 Recordings has launched the music careers of Platinum artists, including Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Phillip Phillips, Lauren Alaina; and more recently, ''American Idol'' winner Laine Hardy, along with prior contestants such as Gabby Barrett, Laci Kaye Booth, Francisco Martin, and Julia Gargano.
The Executive Assistant, Finance & Business/Legal Affairs will work out of our Van Nuys office and will report to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Legal Officer, and will provide support in both the BA/LA and Finance departments. This role will provide full range of administrative support including receiving & managing phone calls, heavy calendar management and coordination of internal & external meetings across different time zones, reviewing & responding to emails on behalf of the Executives, coordinating presentations, conferences, and events, managing expense reports, making travel arrangements, and providing support to both the Legal & Finance Team.
• Answer phones including screening and routing calls appropriately
• Maintain all Financial and Legal physical/digital files
• Schedules meetings and maintains executives' calendars
• Updating Office Directory/Contacts
• Prepare and manage expense reports
• Assist with projects with spreadsheets, presentation, documentation, reporting and/or research
• Assist with project budgets and quarterly forecasts
• Working with the Accounts and/or the Finance team on prepping Journal Entries
• Assist the team with balance reconciliation including resolution of discrepancies
• Getting appropriate signatures in a timely manner
• Administer and track business affairs/legal documents
• Attend Business Affairs staff meetings to identify new projects/deals and how to provide support
• Review incoming requests for vendor agreements, including Statements of Work and Master Services Agreements and others.
• BA degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience
• Financial & Legal background is a must
• Highly motivated and professional
• Interested in assisting in efficient departmental administration
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
• Strong organization skills and able to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritizes
• Strong inter-personal skills across all levels of management and excellent teamwork capabilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills required
• Proactive and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; heavy email correspondence
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow directions without concern and at all times.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios, USA - Van Nuys - Industrial Media