Senior Director, Sales & Marketing, US & Canada
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Senior Director, Sales & Marketing, US & Canada to join our NYC (East Village) team.
The Orchard, Senior Director, Digital Sales & Marketing, US & Canada will report to the VP of North America and is responsible for leading the US & Canada digital marketing strategy for all digital accounts, liaising with Account Management and the Labels/Label Managers to plan and execute campaigns.
• Work directly with the VP of Sales to identify priorities, plan strategy, create/develop campaigns, track success, and create result-driven campaign recaps combining analytics and marketing.
• Oversee team of US & Canada Account Managers to develop long-term marketing campaigns and strategy for each account across the Orchard’s broad roster of artists and labels.
• Work with the global team to coordinate needs and plans, and work on assets with Label Managers.
• Liaise with the Label Management, Commercial Insights, Interactive Marketing and Audience Development teams on artist/label plans and assets ensuring Account Management teams are fully optimizing sales and marketing opportunities with their accounts.
• Lead Sales team in account pitch meetings and participate in all US sales team calls to help strategize and execute on release plans.
• Represent The Orchard US Digital Sales team at label meetings, conferences, etc. with the ability and knowledge to speak on behalf of and to all accounts.
• Drive new business initiatives with the accounts to maximize artist exposure.
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas at the accounts; content/editorial, marketing, sponsorship, reporting and day-to-day contacts.
• Create and share insights and analysis with Account Managers, Label Managers and labels on opportunities to enhance our business/ artist exposure.
• Lead label calls and make presentations to labels and accounts.
• Communicate developments and opportunities at the accounts to the team.
• Regularly attend shows and develop/maintain social relationships with the key account personnel and labels.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Prior experience with digital account management (content, sales, and/or marketing).
• Prior experience working for a digital service or content provider.
• Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
• Proven ability to be a player/coach while being respectful, assertive and confident.
• Ability to work under pressure and balance priorities while being a team player.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient in Soundscan, Buzz Angle, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Familiarity with business intelligence tools, such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.