Director, Is&T - Latin-Iberia Regional Office
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
This role will act as the lead Technology partner and strategist for the Latin-Iberia Regional office. The IS&T Director will provide overall technology guidance in line with the Corporate Strategy for the Region (which includes offices in Miami, Latin-America and Europe) and will serve as main business-facing leader facilitating directly (or through the support of an extended IS&T team) day-to-day desktop support, long and short-term technology solutions, implementations, dashboards for current and future technology needs.
The IS&T Director will work closely with both Regional Office Leadership team and local (country and affiliate leadership) to ensure a holistic and business centered technology architecture and support.
The role will also include training and Tool deployment (in tandem with local IS&T support) to the business community.
This position has a dual report to both the EVP, COO of the Latin-Iberia Region and the SVP & CIO (in NYC)
• General Responsibilities:
These include, but are not limited to:
• Manage projects throughout needs assessment, development, implementation, training and post-implementation review.
• Consult with business unit management and staff members to prepare requirements specification documentation covering business processes, systems, and application requirements.
• Communication of project status to stakeholders – including local IS&T support, Regional Office or Affiliate leadership teams AND active engagement and partnership with NY IS&T leadership.
• Clear, concise and timely communication (verbal and written).
• Communication of issues affecting the initiative timeline and/or budget.
• Establish, manage and report on the project budgets, analyzing budget variances and recommending appropriate action.
• Manage operational relationships with key business partners/stakeholders affected by system upgrades/enhancements.
• Ensure that detailed documentation of policies and procedures are produced and maintained.
• Responsible for planning, designing, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities in the support, deployment and utilization of the IT systems involved to support all business processes related to all aspects of the business.
• Provide strategic guidance based on Corporate technology strategy to regional and affiliate management in the area of specific business requirements, on other business processes and system priorities.
• Evaluate support processes and makes recommendations to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Coordinate the development and review of service level agreements to continually increase customer satisfaction.
• Must ensure that adequate controls and risk management practices are in place within functional accountabilities.
• Responsible for accepting other duties and responsibilities as assigned by executive management.
• Qualifications (Behavioral/Core Competencies):
• Actively listens, shares information, and proposes suggestions and solutions.
• Speaks and writes clearly and concisely by effectively identifying key points relevant to the subject matter in both English and Spanish.
Planning and Organizing
• Plans and organizes his/her own work by establishing clear tasks and priorities.
• Takes into account potential changes and proposes mitigation and contingency plans.
• Monitors the progress of tasks and activities and keeps manager informed of progress.
• Evaluates his/her results objectively, reviewing targets and applies the lessons learned.
• Adjusts approaches and responses to reflect the urgency of situations and changing circumstances.
• Recognizes problem areas and recommends solutions.
• Collects, consolidates and organizes data and information to support the evaluation of quality management and identifies issues relating to consistency, clarity and logic.
• Bachelor's degree in business or MIS or related experience. Advanced degree a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Music Industry preferably in Finance or IT
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in system/business process implementation
• An understanding of information technology concepts and their strategic application to the music industry.
• The ability to deliver IT projects on schedule and within budget is required. Demonstrated project management experience required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Productivity and Collaboration tools
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.