Director, Human Resources
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/25/2021 12:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Human Resources postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Human Resources? Overview:
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
We are looking for a strategic, data-oriented, and solutions-focused People Manager with a strong background in workforce planning and analytics. As an Human Resources Director you will provide progressive HR support, internal consultation, workforce planning analytics to our Corporate client group. In this role you will report to and partner with a senior HR Lead to align corporate initiatives with local/divisional priorities. Responsibilities will include (in partnership with specialty teams): talent management (with a focus on talent acquisition), employee relations, onboarding/terminations, learning and development, and overall people strategy to ensure best-of-class delivery in hiring, onboarding, developing, motivating and retaining employees.
• Consultant and Activist/Advocate: Understand the business need and provide a point of view, position and thoughtful solutions to business challenges. Often solutions are developed in partnership with other specialty groups within HR, but ultimately you will drive the discussion, project manage and be accountable for the execution of the solution. You will coach and consult on topics such as people management, performance improvement, career development, company policies/practices, and compensation policy/practice. You will also consult with in-house legal counsel on conducting investigations and escalating employee relations issues as appropriate.
• Develop a forward looking workforce planning strategy that will support the Sony Music Corporate team's goals and vision for expanding our talent footprint
• Based on data and insights, develop and drive strategies and tactics to improve and scale our external and internal talent movement, practices and processes.
• Cultural Steward: Protect and promote the culture by understanding local, national and corporate requirements or regulations and harmonizing with divisional culture. Recognize and embrace differences in divisional cultures and adapt approach as necessary.
• Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs and to inform on process impact measurements
• Talent Manager / Organizational Designer: Have an acute focus on how individuals enter, move up, across or out of the organization working with policies, practices and structure that shape how the organization works. You will partner with the Talent Acquisition team on end-to-end talent management process, from job posting to candidate selection and onboarding, including internal mobility and relocation. With an emphasis on diversity and inclusion you will look to network with junior-to-mid level talent in and out of the company. You will also partner with the senior HR team on organizational design, change management and learning and development initiatives.
• Strategy Architect: To be effective you will gain and maintain knowledge of industry trends and competitive landscape to provide holistic perspective and consultation.
• Business Ally: Has a general understanding of how the business works. Stay current on industry challenges, changes and practices to provide timely and relevant support, guidance and solutions to your assigned business unit(s).
• Operational Executor: Understands the basics (hiring, on-boarding, off-boarding, paying, contract administration, training, etc.) and execute these flawlessly. This includes partnering with the business unit and HR support staff to ensure consistent administration of all HR processes and compliance with legal and audit requirements. Help organize, coordinate and serve as a resource for the annual compensation process.
• • Travel – as needed
• Strong Computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Broad knowledge of human resources best practices (including talent management, compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, and performance management) typically gained through 5-7 years of experience in an operational or business partner human resources role
• Experience in a large, complex/matrixed organization preferred; ideally in a creative industry (music, television, entertainment, etc.)
• Intellectually curious; with a strong general business and HR acumen
• Familiarity with federal and state employment laws, as well as HR Systems and reporting tools required
• Proven success in a role that required outstanding communication skills with ability to document, support, communicate, and present recommendation and conclusions
• Proven experience in a role that required strict confidentiality, outstanding organizational skills, and ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in stressful situations
• Proven success maintaining constructive working relationships with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company at all levels
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Communications, Psychology, or related field preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite
HR Expertise – Applies broad-based HR knowledge to business needs. Aligns the delivery of HR solutions with organizational values and goals.
Communication – ability to communicate effectively and concisely in oral and written communication. Active and empathic listener
Relationship Management – effectively manages relationships at all levels
Business Acumen - maintains knowledge of key industry and organization metrics; understands the business
Critical Evaluation – asks critical questions to understand issues and opportunities
Global & Cultural Awareness – fosters and encourages a culture of inclusiveness within organization and seeks to amplify our diversity mantra
Leadership & Navigation – maintains knowledge of key industry, competitive and organization metrics with which viable business solutions are ideated
Coaching and Consultation – provides coaching, feedback and developmental strategies to help others
You will report directly to a VP, Human Resources (Lead HR Business Partner) but will work closely with your client group leadership team.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
• Travel – as needed
• Strong Computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.