Director Of Infrastructure and Vendor Management
Simon & SchusterNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for leading, planning and maintaining a technical infrastructure and the service desk activities that supports critical business needs across the organizations infrastructure in addition to implementing global standards and procedures to drive effective departmental performance and management.
• Works with organizational leaders to identify infrastructure-related initiatives and needs, and designs and implements solutions.
• Supports the organization's service desk and infrastructure strategy and service delivery standards.
• Develops long-term infrastructure plans and architectures taking into account trends in the field and changing organizational needs.
• Provides strategic direction for the organization's technical infrastructure including hardware, software, M365, tools, IaaS hosting, SaaS applications, end user compute, networks, storage solutions, networks (LAN/WAN/Wireless), voice and IT security in support of critical business needs.
• Manages and monitors service levels, agreements and key service delivery performance indicators or metrics and identifies areas where performance can be improved.
• Provides direction and management of 3rd party products and services providers used to augment support of infrastructure and IT support services.
• Manage organization's network reliability; communicate IT service disruptions to end-user community
• Oversee software installation services and configuration for internal clients
• User Rights management for applications, M365 and related environments.
• Oversee email management configuration and workstation/server hardware configuration
• Manage the implementation of needed configurations utilized by onsite and remote end-users.
• Azure/MS AD, domain, DNS, and VPN management.
• Manage regular IT maintenance activities (patch management, back-ups, etc.) and end user on/off boarding activities.
• Assess, propose and manage the deployment of process automation to improve department effectiveness.
• Lead IT intake processes via the Service Desk and Project request processes.
• Monitor IT capabilities and lead effective responses to build and strengthen capabilities.
• Oversee all service desk support resources (both employees and vendors) ensuring IT incidents and service requests are addressed in accordance to defined services level agreements (SLAs) through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal service desk performance review process.
• Lead design, development, and delivery of end-user training.
• Lead the IT delivery review and continuous improvement process.
• Manage IT infrastructure and service delivery contracts and licenses.
• Ability to foster teamwork.
• Ability to develop and mentor others.
• Problem management.
• Strong leadership and managerial skills.
• Ability to drive strategic direction.
• Ability to build collaborative and productive relationships.
• Ability to influence others to drive decision making.
• Customer service orientated and passion for high satisfaction levels.
• Strategic thinking skills.
• Technical expertise.
• Ability to meet deadlines utilizing project management skills.
Experience and Education:
• Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
• Leads and performs complex tasks typically following established processes.
• Leads and directs the work of other employees and has full authority for personnel decisions.
• Primarily focused on administering established policies and procedures in addition to contributing to departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
• Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5-7 years of experience.
• 10 years in Information Technology or related field.
• 7 years in a senior IT Infrastructure leadership role.
ITIL, TOGAF, MS , ISO or related certifications preferred
Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of â€œAmerica's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.â€
The annual salary for this position is $220,000.00 - $245,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.