Vice President, Scripted Programming
ShowtimeWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
We are looking for a VP, Scripted Programming who will be responsible for the development and production oversight of premium scripted series, including drama, comedy, and limited series! We are looking for someone who will creatively oversee all development steps including but not limited to the pre-production, production, and post-production as well as serving as the network liaison for projects through delivery and release.
• Seeks out and meets with top creators and storytellers. Represents the network within the creative community to define the creative needs of the network.
• Foster relationships with high level agents, producers, and talent.
• Bring in potential projects for development or acquisitions through pitches or submissions from outside companies.
• Tracks competitive projects, industry trends deals, and maintains awareness of the ever-evolving TV marketplace and distributors.
• Identify and cultivate new and existing talent platforms and outlets, including emerging creators.
• Evaluates pitches and creative materials and provides feedback to supervisor regarding the content and creative appropriateness for network.
• Analyze new program pitches to determine viability of concept, production concerns/challenges, cost of production and creative direction with an understanding of the network's brand and audience.
• Provides clear and productive notes that serve to strengthen the project as a potential show for the network.
• Ensures that productions are on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Works on set to supervise production, providing feedback and notes as needed.
• Responsible for staffing of writing and directing talent for scripted pilots and current series.
• Effectively collaborates across several departments including Production, Legal, Business Affairs, Distribution, PR, Marketing, and Finance to ensure all projects meet creative expectations.
• Collaborates with EVP of Scripted Programming to execute overall scripted programming strategy.
• Communicate and help resolve conflicts diplomatically.
• Review and track television ratings for measurement of program performance, publicity, and market trends.
• Facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments managing and communicating the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to EVP and greater team.
• Reviews all rough and final cuts of shows for broadcast standards for air quality.
• Reviews and approves promos and press releases.
• Manages talent and other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent related work experience.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in scripted programming at a network, studio, or production company.
• Excellent communication, strategic, presentation, creative and storytelling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints.
• Strong leadership skills with solid operational and financial acumen.
• Proven track record of production operations, i.e. budgets, etc.
• Strong PC skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.