Digital Marketing Specialist
San Francisco SymphonySan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Working cross-departmentally, the Digital Marketing Specialist plays a key role in supporting the marketing department across email and digital campaigns.
The Digital Content Specialist will track, analyze and report on marketing performance data metrics on an ongoing basis to identify and underscore trends and uncover opportunities. He/she will possess project management know-how and a firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills.
• Work alongside the Senior Marketing Manager and the Digital Marketing Manager to outline seasonal email calendar alongside digital marketing strategies
• Implement email programs including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, and automated programs
• Monitoring and reporting results and overall campaign analysis for customer email programs
• Identifies key targets and segmented audiences in Tessitura for dedicated campaigns
• Work with Senior Marketing Manager to maintain data within community database for acquisition lists and buyer demographic information in order to help develop audience profiles
• Build and extract lists from Tessitura for emails, digital campaigns, and list trade fulfillment.
• Work with Digital Producer to manage the email creation process from conception to development and deployment
• Produce creative briefs for upcoming emails, outlining goals, messaging, design considerations, any audience segmentation, and testing plans.
• Work with copy writer and creative team to track/oversee the delivery of all necessary assets
• Conduct email quality assurance to ensure flawless execution
• Compile campaign results, provide campaign optimization suggestions, identify best practices, and assist in institutionalization of key learnings
• Provide input and new ideas to continuously improve email programs
• Perform A/B testing to iterate and improve upon results
• Work with artistic, artistic, and PR teams to secure digital assets for the SFS website and marketing campaigns
• Work with creative services on requesting social media assets
• Support and coordinate all graphic job requests within the organization to meet campaign deadlines
• Provide support with analytics and campaign recaps
• Proofread as requested all marketing material
• Assist with staffing events, free concerts, program production, etc as necessary
• Regularly attend SFS concerts and events
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Advertising, or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years related experience in marketing and/or advertising.
• Dedicated to and passionate about the arts. Knowledge of orchestra music is a plus
• Superior capability managing details spanning multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrated grace under pressure and ability to be flexible
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with cross-departmental members of Symphony organization
• Should have an interest, knowledge and passion for marketing, and digital advertising
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the demands and directions of the work are constantly changing
• Basic understanding of CRM, web analytics data, and emails segmentation
• Experience with MS Office and/or databases, specifically Tessitura, a plus
• Exceptional communication, organizational, and time-management skills - able to frequently re-prioritize, evolve techniques and solutions as needed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Creative thinker and problem-solver
• Sense of humor, positive can-do attitude are desirable assets
• Able to work occasional overtime, nights and weekends as needed
The San Francisco Symphony, under Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas, is one of the country's leading orchestras. Some 220 concerts each year reach an audience of more than 600,000, while national and international broadcasts, heard on more than 215 radio stations, reach millions more. The Symphony has its own recording label, SFS Media, and its recordings have won some of the world's highest honors. Its multimedia initiative, Keeping Score, has reached over six million people with television and radio broadcasts, DVDs, and an interactive website. The Orchestra tours extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States, and its outstanding artistic reputation enables it to attract the world's finest guest artists and conductors to Davies Symphony Hall. More than 70,000 young people are served each year by the Symphony's numerous education programs, including its internationally renowned Youth Orchestra and Adventures in Music (AIM), which reaches every 1st through 5th grader in San Francisco's public schools. The organization is led by President Sakurako Fisher and Executive Director Mark C. Hanson.
The San Francisco Symphony's mission is to set the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; enrich, serve, and shape cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; and maintain financial stability and gain public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
The San Francisco Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$55K plus medical, dental vision
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online