Artforum: Associate Editor, Part-Time
PmcLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Artforum, founded in 1962, Artforum delivers informed criticism and analyses of the latest developments in contemporary art and culture, both in print and online. We seek a part-time Associate Editor, based in Los Angeles, with significant editorial experience and deep knowledge of contemporary art, who is actively engaged with the gallery and museum scenes in LA.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief and working in tandem with the US reviews editor and our West Coast business representative, the successful candidate would be responsible for expanding the quality and reach of Artforum’s coverage and influence in the region.
• To represent Artforum at art world openings and events in LA.
• To collaborate with LA art-world institutions to host Artforum-sponsored events such as artists’ talks, interviews, and performances.
• To solicit approximately six print reviews per monthly print edition in consultation with the US reviews editor.
• To edit and process reviews in consultation with the managing editor.
• To pitch web and print column and feature ideas to respective editors.
• At least four years of professional editorial experience.
• Established profile in the contemporary art world.
• Proficiency with requisite software, online publishing, and social media.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Please submit your resume and cover letter for further consideration.
Typical wage range: $25 per hour
As the magazine of record for the contemporary art world, Artforum delivers the highest level of critical art discourse to a diverse international audience and is often the first to identify artists whose work comes to define eras. Launched in California in 1962, Artforum moved to New York in 1967 and remains based there today.
About Penske Media Corporation??
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com .