Vice President, Motion Picture Legal Affairs, Paramount Studios
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/5/2023 7:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Vice President, Motion Picture Legal Affairs, Paramount Studios jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Motion Picture Legal Affairs, Paramount Studios postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Legal Affairs team! The Motion Picture Legal Department manages all legal aspects of Paramountâ€™s feature-length theatrical and streaming motion picture productions, including the drafting and negotiation of talent agreements and other contracts relating to development and production. The Vice President, Legal Affairs will be responsible for managing all talent agreements and other related contracts associated with assigned features.
• Draft and negotiate rights, writer, director, producer and other talent agreements
• Provide legal advice during development and production to in-house groups and outside production personnel
• Work closely with other production attorneys as well as attorneys specializing in below-the-line contracts, including location and vendor agreements
• Handle complicated chain of title matters to insure underlying rights of all projects are clear
• Advise on copyright and trademark issues
• Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements
• Draft and negotiate co-financing and acquisition agreements
• 5 years of equivalent experience at a major law firm and/or motion picture studio, preferably both
• JD degree with strong academic performance
• Admitted to the California Bar
• Able to work collaboratively, and exercise sound judgment
• Significant and direct experience supervising all legal aspects of feature-length motion picture production at a major or mini-major motion picture studio
• Ability to work effectively, proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to tackle matters outside of areas of expertise
Hiring Salary Range: $203,200.00 - 250,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.